Saturday 14 May 2011

it's Saturday and you know what Saturday means?

DEPTFORD MARKET TIME :)
Today I will be visiting the market alone so I have all the time in the world to peruse and hunt. 
I think I'll post a wish list for today:
  • Vintage suitcase
  • 35mm out of date film
  • weird owl
  • a Martini glass to replace the one I broke
  • frames to repaint
  • carte-de-visites

So that's what I'm looking out for today - shall we see how well I do?
Also Monday is my birthday - Ben's managed to get tomorrow off work so he can spend the day with me.  He asked what I want to do.  I've finally decided - I want to go here.
Is that sad?  We can wander around Pimlico and Battersea too - but I haven't been to a car boot sale in YEARS.  Seriously I think I might be addicted to other peoples' crap.

On another note - it's just over 2 more weeks before I get inked again.  It's been a couple of years since I got my peacock done on my back which basically spelled the end of my marriage to my ex.  It wasn't the breaking point but when someone who apparently loves you tells you that they can't believe you got ink on a body that also belongs to them - you've gotta turn around and question your relationship!
Thankfully Ben loves my tats and my new one is going to be done on the 31st.  The scary thing is - this is the first one I have NO IDEA yet what it's going to look like.  My friend's bf is doing it - he owns one of London's most famous and old tattoo parlours and I totally respect his work - it's proper 'old school' :)  A while ago he 'tattooed' Cameron Diaz for a Vogue cover:

So I know I'm in good hands!
I was going to get this tattoo covered up:



because I don't really like it that much - however I realised that this is a part of me.  I was 21 when it was done and it was my design.  It was very much of its time and although it's pretty crap it's me.  It's been part of my skin for 17 years and it's a symbol of who I was then.  So I'm getting inked on the other arm.  Can't wait to see the design - should be finished next week - eeeeeeeeeeeee.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - it's always wonderful to hear from others :)